January 2, 2014

Save time and just ask.

Do you make assumptions? Do you then act on that assumption?
How's that working out for ya?  Sometimes you're right, sometimes you're wrong. 

In my experience, the times I'm wrong end up hurting me or others and create misunderstandings. In some cases, I've even missed out on great opportunities because I made an assumption.

So, what stops you from asking for clarity? 

I'm too busy. I know. They don't want me to ask. They'll think I'm ______. 
More assumptions!
Next time you find yourself making an assumption, consider this: Would you rather have someone create up a story (an assumption) about what you are thinking and feeling? Or, would you prefer if they ask you?

My unsolicited advice almost every time: Save time and just ask.
Take time today to check out your assumptions. You might get to know people and be surprised at what is really going on. Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment